EMG helps Guardian to shine at glasstec
|Posted by Siria Nielsen on January 25, 2017|
It's challenging enough to run the day-to-day operations and communications of a multimillion-dollar, global business without also having to sweat all the details related to creating and managing your company’s presence at a major industry trade show.
When it comes to an exhibition, it makes sense to bring in an experienced partner to help with such matters as stand management, media relations and special event development. So that’s what Guardian Industries did when it tapped media relations and marketing communications partner EMG to assist with raising market awareness and developing an impressive presence at the glasstec 2016 show in Düsseldorf.
EMG worked closely with the Guardian Glass Europe team to develop their show-related marketing strategy; design, build and manage the firm’s impressive 363 m² double decker stand; organise hospitality services during the show including two after-parties and an off-site 1,100-person customer gala event; and oversee all communications and media relations before, during and after the event.
Guardian’s aims for the show included reinforcing its image as an industry leader, underlining the brand messaging, demonstrating its advanced glass technology, showcasing current product applications, meeting with current and prospective new customers, and driving sales leads.
As part of the brand awareness programme, EMG also assisted Guardian with the design, creation, promotion and execution of its Student Design Challenge 2016, for which a winner was named, honoured and showcased at glasstec.
Summarising, Andrew Wilkins, Marketing Communications Manager, Guardian Europe, stated: "There are a countless number of moving parts for organising such activities and, when putting its image and reputation at stake, a company needs a partner it can trust to manage every little detail, and get it right. EMG clearly was that partner for Guardian at glasstec."
EMG helped its client to achieve all the above. Its efforts included (but were not limited to):
Stand Design & Build
- Liaise with the show organisers, including negotiating for stand space and location;
- Developed three stand design proposals and managed quotation process;
- Oversee stand build process, organise technical services, furniture, booth displays and graphics, as well as stand entertainment & catering;
- Coordinate the audio/visual production for the displays, on-site photography and videography, and video compilation of the stand;
- Vendor selection and management other stand services, such as cleaning, electricity, storage, telecommunications and security.
Marketing Communications & Media Relations
- Co-creation of a glasstec-focused web landing page and microsite;
- Develop social media posts both before and during the show;
- Assist with Guardian’s participation in the on-site innovation forum called “Technology Live”;
- Handle all pre-show public relations, including outreach to media
- Organise an on-site press conference, 6 press stand visits, and 18 media interviews at the show;
- Create and distribute press kits (in both German and English), as well as an extended digital media kit;
- Arrange participation in the media tour organised by Messe Düsseldorf and a Guardian executive’s quote into Messe Düsseldorf’s closing press release;
- Handle post-show media outreach to deliver press coverage in key media across Europe, and work to build a message delivery platform for 2017 communications.
- Research & select the venue for Guardian’s gala dinner during the show;
- Set up & manage pre-event & on-site registration for 1,100 guests from 51 countries;
- Develop event concept, themed “Guardian on the Move “– an all-encompassing format aligning decoration, entertainment and catering to create an evening filling programme which allowed guests to taste and experience different “worlds”;
- Organise video and photography, insurance, security, cleaning, parking as well as transportation to & from the event.