EMG Trade Editors Survey: Press releases and direct contact remain top editorial sources
|Posted by Varsha Lalla on March 10, 2020|
Press releases and direct network contact remain the top sources for trade journalists, but digitalisation is impacting story selection. These are among the key conclusions from the EMG Trade Editors Survey, which reinforces how marketers should avoid a one-size-fits-all strategy.
The online survey, conducted by international marketing and communications consultancy, EMG, analysed the opinions of 125 prominent editors in materials, automation, lighting, and other sectors, to shed light on what editors want.
Key findings include:
- Press releases remain the top source for editors.
- Direct network contact is their second main source.
- The majority of editors share their stories via social media.
- Most editors use online engagement data to evaluate story success.
- The majority of received PRs are considered relevant for their readers.
To discover what editors want, please check-out the.
Download full report
To download the full report, please enter your details